Learn Italian in Florence
With over 35 years of teaching experience, and between 90/180 students studying each month, the Italian language school in Florence offers a wonderful learning environment, in the heart of everything.
Students have easy access to all the wonders of this amazing city. Whether you have just a fortnight or several months to dedicate to your studies, Florence has plenty to offer the language student.
CESA Plus Points:
- Very popular quality language courses with programme options to suit all linguistic needs
- Great range of cultural workshops; Cookery, Art History appreciation, Wine Tasting sessions. All great fun and highly recommended by past CESA students!
- Ideal for all age groups, from 16 yrs through to business people
looking for intensive tuition
- Academic Year & Languages for Life are very popular with Gap Year students
- Wonderful central city location
The social life, teachers and location were definitely the best parts. Initially I was placed in Class Level 1, which worked well as I was glad to meet people who spoke English because my Italian was so very basic, by the end of Class Level 3 I was much more comfortable with spoken Italian.
CESA staff were brilliant and very approachable and I appreciated being able to phone the office or email any time to have a chat and always got a quick, friendly response.
Colin – 12 wks Read full review
- School established: 1977
- Course duration:
Group tuition: 1-48 weeks
Private tuition: 1 week +
- Minutes per lesson: 45
- Minimum age: 16
Average age: 20 – 40
- No. of classrooms: 15
- Number of students:
Quietest months: 70/90 per month
Busiest months: 180 per month
- Exam preparation: CILS/all AIL Diplomas
About the School
|View Video||Language Courses||PDF Download|
Established in 1977, the Italian language school in Florence, is located in the heart of this fabulous city. Situated on the first floor of a historic building, it offers a quiet working environment to help students learn Italian in Florence, yet is only 4 minutes on foot from the Duomo.
There is also a student patio area, with snack machine and coffee machine. The patio area is equipped with tables and chairs and can be used as a study room. There is also a computer area for student use and free wifi access. The school has 15 classrooms for group course and private tuition use and the Italian staff are always on hand should you have any questions once on your course.
- Officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education
- The Italian School in Florence has obtained the International quality assurance Certificate ISO 9001:2000, as a quality school of Italian language for foreigners, and has regular inspections to ensure that high standards are maintained
- Officially recognized by the department of Education of Tuscany Region
- Free access to the internet for all of the students
- Equipped for handicapped students
- Kind staff who are willing to help any student
- Professional and young teachers all of whom have studied at the University level and who have been specially trained in teaching Italian to foreigners
- Italian at every level, all year round
- Small study groups
- After 1, 3 or 6 months the AIL-exam “Firenze” (Accademia Italiana di Lingua) DELI A2/DILI B1/DILC B1/DILI B2/DALI C1/DALC C1 can be taken
- A whole range of activities offered for students to gain insight into the Italian culture
- Many students, coming from over 50 different countries, study at the language school
The Italian language school requires all their Italian teachers to have university degrees and extensive experience teaching Italian as a Foreign Language. Just along the road from the Italian language school are several internet hot spots, where students can access the internet and email at a reduced price.
School internet access:
Opening hours: 8.30 – 17.30 hrs
Students can access the school wifi network in all of the classrooms, in the cafeteria and in the reception, with their mobile or tablet devices.
The school also has an internet point with 6 computer places, for students to use to access the internet.