For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 until 24 May 2018 and thereafter the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the “GDPR”), the data controller is Communication Experts Limited (known as CESA), registered in England & Wales, company no. 2434069. By Data Controller, this means CESA determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Data Protection, CESA House, Pennance Road, Lanner, Cornwall, TR16 5TQ or by email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Privacy Enquiry. Our Data Protection Licence Number is: PZ762094X
CESA Languages Abroad is the trading name of Communication Experts Ltd.
Registered office: CESA House, Pennance Road, Lanner, Cornwall, TR16 5TQ
Directors: K A Brand & D G Hughes
When do we collect your personal information?
We would really like to send you details about our language courses, offers and promotions but we will only do so when you tell us that you are happy to receive this information. You can let us know that you would like to receive this information either in-office, by email or telephone, or online.
We will also ask for and use your personal information, (such as name, address, email, DOB, tel number, language level and if relevant health needs) when you enquire about, or book a language course either in-office or online. This is so that we can best advise you on relevant language course options, or can complete your booking details, but we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes unless you agree for us to do this (and then only your name and email address).
By entering your details in the fields on the CESA website contact forms (enrolment, availability check or comment forms) or skype message, chat box or social media message service, you enable CESA to provide you with the services you select. For example to book a course, sign up to our newsletter, receive course availability information or advice on suitable course options. If you contact us by phone, email or our website we will keep a record of that correspondence.
Please remember that you allow us to use your personal information when you use our website, social media, email or phone us.
Your privacy is important to us and so we will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party to use the information for purposes other than those described in this policy. We will only pass on your personal information to our trusted language course providers when we are trying to arrange or are arranging your language course for you (once you’ve decided to book a specific programme). We need to collect your personal information to enable us to organise booking related details; tuition and accommodation arrangements, processing payment, delivery of information by email (or on rare occasions by post), and follow up contacts during and post the programme.
What we do with the personal information you provide to us?
We use the information you give to us in a number of different ways:
- Dealing with enquiries. To assist you in identifying suitable courses or to verify availability of a specific course we will ask for key information which is held on a secure UK server and in the CESA office and is not shared with any third party. The only exception to this being to confirm suitable course availability with a specific language course provider abroad, when your name and course requirements are discussed (but your contact details will not be provided unless specifically authorised by you).
- Processing booking payments. To process your booking ensuring that the financial information you provide is accurate. For this, we use payment systems of trusted third parties (Global Payments) to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently. Global Payments use systems of fraud analysis which ensure that genuine and accurate payment details are being provided for any purchase. If you enrol over the phone, only those CESA staff who deal with bookings will view your financial details and all information, once used, will be destroyed on site.
- On-going work on bookings. For some of our courses a lot of personal information is required, this information is held by CESA for the duration of your course, and for seven years afterwards. This information is required for legal purposes (e.g. when you make a booking we need to keep your transaction information to comply with our tax and financial reporting obligations). We will also share your personal information provided to us with the specific language course provider abroad, so that they can make the necessary booking arrangements on your behalf (this does not include your postal or email address, and generally will only include one contact phone number unless we are dealing with a minor, when specific forms will be sent to you for completion for additional contact and personal information).
- Customer Feedback. After you book a course with CESA you may receive a post course customer feedback request. This survey email is your opportunity to rate and comment on both our service and the language course booked (this may be by direct email from CESA or via Feefo*). We may also on occasion, ask you to complete surveys that we use to find out about your experience of dealing with us for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Keeping you updated. If you have opted in to receive our email newsletter we will use your personal information to send you emails on our courses and services. This is arranged via Mailchimp on line, you can unsubscribe from our Mailchimp newsletter list and from all future mailings by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe’ in the footer of the email.
- Data Storage. We may store and process the information you provide to us for a period of time to enable to us to assist with any potential extensions, queries or complaints and to ensure that any allegation of fraudulent use of identity can be properly investigated in the future. All data is held on secure UK servers and will be deleted after three years.
- Website and customer user improvements. We collect information to determine how to improve our site by seeing which areas; features and courses are most popular. We also keep track of the domains from which people visit us. We analyse this data for trends and statistics.
- Statistical analysis. We may use the information we collect from you to analyse trends. This is done in general terms, and is not individual specific. Please see further information about this in our Cookies section below.
Storage of personal information
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to CESA online; any transmission is at your own risk. Any payment transactions online will be encrypted and processed via our secure transaction partner, Global Payments.
We keep the personal information we collect about you in a secure environment. Your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, disclosure, use, alteration or destruction by any organisation or individuals. We work with our website developers to help store and manage personal data obtained from our website.
If you have subscribed to receive our newsletter by email we work with third party provider Mailchimp who store your name and email address only.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to and from third party websites. These websites have their own privacy policies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please make sure that you read their privacy policies before you submit any information to these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
No longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes?
If you do not wish to be contacted about our products or services, you can unsubscribe by simply following the unsubscribe link provided in marketing emails you receive from us.
To update your records or access your information
If you find that the personal information we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name, address etc.) then please email us at email@example.com so that we can correct it. You can also contact us on this email address if you would like to know what information CESA holds about you, we will provide you with that information free of charge within 21 days of receiving the request.
To remove your personal information from our records please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to do so, as long as we do not need to retain any information to comply with our tax and financial reporting obligations.
All our pages are now HTTPS meaning that all communications between your browser and our website are encrypted.
The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of this website is transmitted to Google. This statistical information is processed to compile statistical reports on website activity for this site. This information helps us to optimise our content to better meet the needs of our customers.
https://cesalanguages.com, on occasion, uses the Google AdWords/ Facebook Ads remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google/Facebook) to previous visitors to our site. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an enquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network.
To Disable Cookies
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, you can also opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings via this link or permanently using a browser plug.
If you have any concerns please feel free to contact us. We are here to help.
Katherine Brand & Glynn Hughes